Quality of Hire
- May 12, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Employee Engagement, Intrapreneurship
Quality of hire is the value a new hire contributes to the company’s overall success. This is measured based on various parameters, like an employee’s performance and tenure at the organization.
Why focus on quality of hiring?
- Increment in Productivity levels – Productivityrises as the quality of hire improves, as new hires are better known for their new roles. When the organization practices are good employees attain work-life balance giving better productivity yields.
- Employee engagement – increases when companies improve their hiring practices and start placing candidates who are a better cultural fit at the organization.
- Job satisfaction – improves along with quality of hire. Candidates find a workplace to be a happy place and thus resulting in job satisfaction with 100% performance outputs.
At EmmanualHRI we work closely with our clients to ensure we hire candidates who are valuable for the long term vision of the organization.
How to improve quality of hire
Knowledge and strategy play a vital role when it comes to improving the quality of hire.
Following parameters can help us improve the quality of hiring:-
- Analyze the current quality of hire
Analyze the current quality and key points when hiring a resource. One the analysis is done we can then work on improvising the hiring methods by setting certain goals. Keeping a plan in place will help us with the growth of hiring.
- Better alignment with Hiring Managers
You can improve the quality of hire by partnering with hiring managers from the beginning. Work together to define the role and what the job qualifications are to get a clear idea of who you’re looking for.
- Ensure to the point data collection
By collecting the right data and using it to make sound hiring decisions that are backed by data, you can improve your quality of hire score over time.
- Organizational fit
When you’re hiring for a new role, you should assess whether the candidates are a good organizational fit. You can do this in a variety of ways, like observing in critical situations, informal meetups.
- Inculcate excellent onboarding process
An excellent onboarding process for all new hires helps increase employee retention and improve the overall quality of hire at your organization.
- Review the results
After a certain period of time, you should make it a point to review the results of your quality of hire improvement program. This will help give you an idea of where you improved and what areas you need to work on in the future to continue improving the quality of hire at your organization.
How we can help you with your hire?
As a recruitment firm EmmanualHR Innovations can work closely with you consulting you at every step to determine if the candidate you are hiring would help you to achieve long term vision and objectives.